East County News Service
January 27, 2017 (El Cajon) -- At its meeting on January 24, the City of El Cajon City Council extended the application period to fill seats on the Public Safety Facility Financing Oversight Committee and the city’s Veterans’ Commission. Applications are due by February17.
For full details, see below.
Filing Period: January 24, 2017 through February 17, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Interview and Appoint Applicants: February 28, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers, 200 Civic Center Way, El Cajon, CA 92020
Public Safety Facility Financing Oversight Committee
Vacancies: One member: (1) Term Expirations - David De Baca
Duration: One (1), Four-Year Term to expire January 31, 2021
Requirements: The committee is comprised of seven members in certain occupations and/or categories. Members are required to file a Form 700 according to provisions of the Political Reform Act, the Fair Political Practices Commission, and the City's Conflict of Interest Code. Members of the Public Safety Facility Financing Oversight Committee serve on a voluntary basis, and are not compensated.
- One (1) vacancy to be filled with a non-resident or resident of the City, and must be from one or more of the following occupations:
- A California licensed architect with experience designing and building commercial, industrial and governmental buildings;
- A California licensed general contractor with experience constructing commercial, industrial and governmental buildings;
- A California licensed civil engineer with experience in the designing and building of commercial, industrial and governmental buildings;
- A building/property manager with experience in the management of commercial property;
- A construction estimator with experience in estimating the construction of large-scale projects; and
- A California certified public accountant with experience in professional accounting.
Vacancies: Two Commissioners: (2) Term Expirations – Leo Dano and A. Donn Dunlap
Duration: Two (2), Four-Year Terms will expire January 31, 2021
- One vacancy must be filled with 1) a resident of the City of El Cajon and 2) an active service member or reservist with the armed forces at any time within the past ten (10) years prior to appointment.
- One vacancy must be filled with 1) An applicant honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces and 2) A member of a 501(c)19 veterans’ organization based in El Cajon, as specified in Municipal Code Section 2.24.420(C).
- Proof of honorable discharge must be included with the application (unless in active service), for example, a certificate of honorable discharge, or DD 214.
Commissioners are required to file a Form 700 according to provisions of the Political Reform Act, the Fair Political Practices Commission, and the City's Conflict of Interest Code. Members of the Veterans’ Commission serve on a voluntary basis, and are not compensated.
Applications will be available beginning January 25, 2017 in the City Clerk’s Office, and on the City’s website, City Commissions page, at www.ci.el-cajon.ca.us/your-government/commissions.
City Clerk’s Office: (619) 441-1763.