THE FLOATING CITY AT SEA: MIDWAY SPEAKER APRIL 11 AT CREST LIBRARY

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version Share this

 

East County News Service

April 1, 2017 (Crest) -- Did you know that only about 5% of the USS Midway’s 4,500 crew were pilots? That the other 95% operated a floating city at sea– restaurants, barber shops, city utilities, convenience stores, police, hospital, newspaper, hotels, laundry & much more–so that the pilots could launch when the nation called?  Explore this floating city at sea, all within the confines of three football fields.

Join speaker and retired Navy Fleet Commander Ron Foster, as he recounts the story of the “Floating City at Sea” on  April 11th, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in the Crest Library at 105 Juanita Ln. El Cajon 92021.