Two UCSD MFA Alumna return to San Diego to lead the storytelling
January 26, 2013 (San Diego)--Mo`olelo Performing Arts Company and MOXIE Theatre have announced the cast and creative team for their upcoming co-production of Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye, adapted by Lydia Diamond. The play, about the legacy of racism on a young Black girl, begins previews on February 2 and runs to March 3, 2013, at MOXIE Theatre, located at 6663 El Cajon Blvd. Suite N, San Diego, CA, 92115, with a Press Opening on Friday, February 8 at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are available at www.moolelo.net or 619-342-7395.
October 18, 2012 (San Diego’s East County) – The editor of the Chaldean Times in Detroit, Michigan has asked that we provide a link to their recent articles on elections in which Chaldean candidates were running for office. El Cajon has the second highest population of Iraqi Chaldean Christians in the U.S., after Detroit.
- Supreme Court weighs all or nothing on healthcare law (Reuters)
- Jobs bill clears Congress despite warnings (Los Angeles Times)
- Trayvon Martin: confronting the problem of enduring racism (Forbes)
- A job at what cost? When employers log in to dig in (NPR)
- Gingrich scales back his presidential bid (USA Today)
- Cooking school spreads immigrant skills and ethnic recipes (NPR)
- Very high radiation, little water in remaining Japanese reactor (UT San Diego)
- Japan left with one nuclear reactor after shutdown (BBC)
- Syrian authorizes are targeting children, says UN rights chief (BBC)