By Miriam Raftery
September 8, 2014 (La Mesa)—The East County Cash Mob is back – and you’re invited to help several struggling small business owners in La Mesa’s downtown village all day on September 13th.
“Times have been tough with local construction on the city streets. Their business has dropped 80 percent,” says Susan Barron, organizer of the event, said of the impact that torn up streets from a downtown revitalization project is having on local merchants.
Cash mobs organize through social media to draw customers and support small businesses during tough times. To participate, simply come prepared to spend $20 or more at any of the following businesses:
- Act ll 8321 La Mesa Blvd.
- Wildflowers 8323 La Mesa Blvd.
- Amethyst Moon 8329 La Mesa Blvd.
- O’Dunn Fine Art 8325 La Mesa Blvd.
- Glamour Girlz special invited guest inside Amethyst Moon