July 29, 2016 (La Mesa) – You’re invited to celebrate the era of Great Gatsby, flappers, gangsters, silent film stars, ragtime and jazz. Join East County Magazine at a benefit to support our nonprofit community reporting on Sunday, July 31 from 4-7 p.m. at the San Pasqual Wine Bar (8364 La Mesa Blvd.) in La Mesa--all to benefit our nonprofit reporting and wildfire alerts through East County Magazine.
Festivities include wine tasting, sparkling drinks and Italian dinner plus dessert, “All That Jazz” musical performance highlights, live period music by the Classics, Douglas Fairbanks and Laurel & Hardy film clips, games, opportunity drawings and silent auction, games, surprises and more!
Space is very limited! RSVP by July 30 for discount rates and your “speakeasy” password! 619-698-7617 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live“All That Jazz” preview by singers/dancers from Visionary Dance Theatre plus Laurel & Hardy and Douglas Fairbanks film clips;
- Live music by the Classics
- Toast the Prohibition Era with sparkling “bubbly” drinks ; relish a ‘20s style feast fit for Gatsby & guests, wine tasting, dinner & desserts by Tiramisu Trattoria, Swami’s & Little Roma that Al Capone would relish!
- ‘Cocktail attire or 20s attire encouraged (flappers, film stars, gangsters, robber barons, etc.)
- Opportunity drawings and silent auction; prizes and surprises! Win a night on the town including steak dinner & “Chicago” theater tickets, Joe’s Crab Shack dinners, The Hills Pub and Lunchbox Cafe gift certificates, wine baskets, Hawaiian pearls, turquoise and coral jewelry, antiques, collectibles, elegant items, CDs, Julian Old Time Photos, T-shirts and more.