July 21,2014 (La Mesa)—A case of tuberculosis has been reported at La Mesa Middle School, where others may have been exposed, , the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency reports.
March 7, 2014 (San Diego's East County) - A case of tuberculosis has been reported at Helix Charter High School in La Mesa. Students and staff may have been exposed, according to the County Health and Human Services Agency.
January 18, 2012 -- (San Diego’s East County) – ECM World Watch helps you be an informed citizen about important issues globally and nationally. As part of our commitment to reflecting all voices and views, we include links to a wide variety of news sources representing a broad spectrum of political, religious, and social views. Top world and U.S. headlines include:
- Obama seeks to revamp government, focus on exports (Reuters)
- Limits on military funeral protests advance (San Diego Union Tribune)
- USDA says it will close 259 offices to save $150 million (San Diego UT)
- Tea Party may get rebuffed in tax cut showdown (Reuters)
- Cantor: US allies have doubts about policies to control Iran (The Hill)
- Huntsman drops out, endorses Romney (CNN)
- Romney takes some heat over Bain Capital’s actions (Winona Daily News, South Carolina)
- Judge rejects Republican candidates requests to be on Virginia ballot (Fox News)
- Mitt Romney’s lies (US News & World Reports)
- Which presidential candidates have earned the defense industry’s support? (RawStory)
- CNN Poll: Ron Paul tied with President Obama (CNN)
- Government says Hezbollah profits from U.S. cocaine market via link to Mexico drug cartel (Propublica)
- U.S. warns Iran over military posturing (CBS News)
- It’s official: S&P announces mass downgrade of Eurozone countries (Business Insider)
- Iran says nuclear expert killed by bomb attach (NPR)
- Russian ship stopped with arms bound for Syria (NPR)
- Shiite and Sunni: what are the differences? (Christian Science Monitor)
- Research provides diabetes hope (BBC)
- New tuberculosis strain thwarts all antibiotics (NPR)
- Lights at night not a bright idea (Jerusalem Post)
April 14, 2011 (San Diego)--The San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) is working with San Diego American Indian Health Center (SDAIHC) to notify patients who were possibly exposed to tuberculosis (TB) at SDAIHC’s downtown location. The period of exposure was from Oct. 1, 2010 to April 1, 2011.