- Bill protects businesses from disability act suits (Sacramento Bee)
- Counties miss deadline to send ballots to overseas, military voters (California Watch)
- More water to be shipped to California; good news for avocado growers (North County Times)
- Fire Chief saves colleague’s life (NBC)
- AT&T opposes SDG&E wildfire recovery request (North County Times)
- Civic leader Jim Wieboldt drops out of race for La Mesa City Council (La Mesa Patch)
- Grossmont and Alvarado hospitals get B and C grades for safety (La Mesa Patch)
- Bullets fired in field hit close to residents, Hanson Elementary (Ramona Patch)
- Man Who Tried To Kill Wife Sentenced To Life In Prison (10 News)
August 13, 2011 (San Diego) -- Six physicians on Alvarado Hospital’s medical staff were identified by U.S. News & World Report as “Top Doctors” in the nation.
These physicians are Dr. Gonzalo Ballon-Landa, infectious disease specialist; Dr. Irwin Goldstein, urology (he is the medical director of the Sexual Medicine Program at Alvarado Hospital); Dr. Alborz Hassankhani, cardiac electrophysiologist; Dr. Frederick Howden, thoracic surgeon; Dr. Choll Kim, orthopedic surgeon (specializing in minimally invasive spine surgery at Alvarado Hospital); and Dr. Nasrin Mani, ophthalmologist.