Winner of 80 journalism awards -- 2008-2014 from Society of Professoial Journalists, San Diego Press Club, and the League of Women Voters.
Please make a donation of any amount-- or a monthly sustaining pledge to help fund our community journalism and investigative reporting, enabling us to budget for the long-term.
Donors who pledge $10 a month or more join our Editor's Club for discounts on East County Magazine events, as our way of saying "thanks for supporting community reporting and wildfire/emergency alerts!"
MAIL A DONATION (preferred method - fastest way to help): Make checks payable to Heartland Coalition-ECM and mail to Miriam Raftery, East County Magazine, 4438 Hideaway Place, La Mesa, CA 91941
- DONATE ONLINE: Be sure to choose East County Magazine from the list on our publisher's website (Heartland Coalition) by clicking here.
- More ways to help:
- Call (619) 698-7617 or contact email@example.com to learn about sponsorship opportunities
- Host a benefit event or a "coffee with the editor" to help your neighbors "meet the press" and let us know about your issues
- Donate a prize for a silent auction or drawing
- Volunteer to help with event organizing, be trained as a citizen journalist, or assist with clerical needs.