April 25, 2014 (San Diego)--The Show will go on at the Ken Cinema.
Landmark Theaters had announced it would shut down the single-screen movie theater in Kensington on April 27, due to failure to negotiate a long-term lease with the property owners, the Berkun Trust. The theater is one of only about a thousand single-screen theaters left in the U.S., and only one of three remaining in San Diego County.
May 15, 2013 (San Diego) – OASIS is hosting a technology fair on May 18, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Macy’s in Mission Valley, 7017 Friars Road. The event will help local adults 50 and older learn how to use social media and today’s technology, including smart phones and tablets. Various technology experts will be presenting 30 minute sessions as well as one-on-one coaching.
Attendees will be able to attend a variety of classes, attend a hands-on computer lab session and get individual help from tech experts. Lunch will be available and a raffle for prizes will follow.
SUPERVISOR DIANNE JACOBS NOW ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER: USES SOCIAL NETWORKING TO ANNOUNCE HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY
November 13, 2012 (San Diego’s East County)--County Supervisor Dianne Jacob has added a new tool to stay in touch with her constituents – social media.
Jacob, who represents District 2, is now active on Facebook and Twitter, in addition to putting out a print newsletter, The Jacob Journal, and maintaining a website – www.dianne.jacob.com. “I’ve always valued my close contact with folks in my East County district,” said Jacob. “These online tools provide more ways to expand those ties, and to let my constituents know about the pressing issues facing our region and the rest of San Diego County.”
- Israelis: Iran behind Bangkok bombings: coordinated attacks around the world (CNN)
- Israel warns US Jews: Iran could attack here (ABC)
- Heightened security in U.S. over Iran threat (ABC)
- Congressional negotiators reach tentative deal on payroll tax, unemployment benefits (Washington Post)
- Lobbyists sue Obama administration after being booted from boards (The Hill)
- Obama signs $63B FAA funding bill into law (The Hill)
- U.S. seeks to mine social media to predict future (UT San Diego)
- Alzheimer’s brain plaque ‘rapidly cleared’ in mice (BBC)
- How your cat is making you crazy (Atlantic)