Chamber of Commerce
March 17, 2013 (San Diego's East County) -- A join Chamber of Commerce mixer will be held at the Heartland Fire Training Facility in El Cajon on March 28 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Join Chambers from throughout East County to learn about the Facility that provides training for east county. There will be food & beverage, demonstrations, hands-on activities, a Mayor's challenge, and meet your firefighters.
- Regional Chamber of Commerce paints hopeful picture of economic recovery (Ramona Patch)
- SD Unified bringing back all laid off teachers (Voice of San Diego)
- Switching on SDG&E’s Sunrise Powerlink (UTSanDiego)
- New initiative launches in San Diego to reclaim science’s role in policy decisions (KPBS)
- Helix leader Rani Goyal got $56,000 severance in settlement deal (La Mesa Patch)
- The Starting Line: SDG&E’s Trojan Horse (San Diego Free Press)
- UT CEO’s last media company sold interviews (CityBeat)
- Man fatally stabbed in unincorporated La Mesa (La Mesa Patch)
- California Dems resist Gov. Brown’s welfare plans (San Jose Mercury News)
- California schools facing shorter year (Sacramento Bee)
- Viewpoint: Voters have a right to know how much loopholes are costing state (Sacramento Bee)
February 2, 2012 (La Mesa) -- The La Mesa Chamber of Commerce will host its fourth annual Casino Royale on February 23 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the Town and Country Hotel and Resort, 500 Hotel Circle in Mission Valley.
January 2, 2011 (San Diego’s East County)--Pageant organizers are currently seeking outgoing women ages 13-26 to participate in the 2012 Miss La Mesa and Miss Santee Pageants, programs that have been a tradition in La Mesa and Santee since the late 1960’s.
November 12, 2011 (Alpine) -- Santa arrives in Alpine Friday, December 9 at 6:30 p.m. riding down Alpine Boulevard for the 16th annual Alpine Village Christmas Parade of Lights.
Immediately following the parade, Santa and his helpers will help light the Alpine Community Christmas Tree at the Alpine Creek Town Center, 1347 Tavern Road. Join a holiday sing-a-long, and stay for the free snow hill sledding.
May 23, 2011 (Santee) --The Santee Chamber of Commerce is hosting its Third Annual Street Fair on Saturday, May 28, 2011 from 10am to 7pm to support the Santee Food Bank. The Street Fair will be on Riverview Parkway at Mission Gorge Road, next to the Trolley Square shopping center. Around 300 Food booths and vendor displays, and rides will be open from 10am to 7pm. A beer garden sponsored and operated by Santee Sportsplex will be open from 6 pm to 11pm.
La Mesa financial advisory firm will present resolution at annual stockholders meeting in Carlsbad
May 9, 2011 (San Diego's East County) – Blue Summit Wealth Management ih La Mesa, a national leader in socially responsible and sustainable financial services, has been asked to represent shareholders with over $30 billion in assets under management at Eastman Kodak’s annual shareholder meeting in Carlsbad on May 11th.
Judy Seid, founder of Blue Summit and author of the "Good Money" column in ECM, will present a resolution to address what shareholders believe is a misalignment between Eastman Kodak’s leadership on issues such as the environment and climate change and the company's role as a member of the Board of Directors for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which has fought against climate change legislation and emissions regulations.